Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 17 - Today in Beatles History

Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr


1962
Recording of performances for Granada TV's 'People And Places', to be later broadcast.

1963
Concert at the Coventry Theatre, Coventry ('The Beatles Autumn Tour').

1964
The Playhouse Theatre, Manchester. 7.30-11.30pm. Recording for BBC's 'Top Gear': 'I'm A Loser'; 'Honey Don't'; 'She's A Woman'; 'Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby'; 'I'll Follow The Sun'; 'I Feel Fine'.
Only live recording of 'I'll Follow The Sun'.

1965
Harry Moss cuts the mono version of 'Rubber Soul'.

1967

Abbey Road, Room 53. 10.00am-1.15pm. Stereo mixing: 'I Am The Walrus' (remix 25, from take 17). Editing: 'I Am The Walrus' (of stereo remixes 25, 7). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Ken Scott.
New mix of the first half of 'I Am The Walrus', in order to build the stereo master.
End of 'Magical Mystery Tour' sessions.

1970
Lee Starkey is born at the Queen's Charlotte's Hospital, London.

1980

US LP release: 'Double Fantasy'.

1982
US single release: 'Happy Xmas (War Is Over)'/'Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)'.


Have a groovy vintage retro day!

- Retro Rebirth

Retro T Shirt, Vintage Clothing, t-shirt, tee, vintage retro, psychedelic art, Warhol Pop Art

If you liked this article then make sure you subscribe to the feed via RSS It's Free. You can also follow me on Twitter too!

Become a Retro Rebirth Fan on our Facebook Page

If you like to you at Retro Videos then take a look at our Retro Video YouTube Page

Check out the Retro Rebirth Design Catalog and see what groovy vintage retro Music & Pop Culture designs we have for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment